9 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
5 1/2 cups white sugar
1 (2 ounce) package dry pectin
- Ready your canner and tea kettle with water to boil
- Put your clean canning jars in the oven @ 200 for at least 10 minutes.
- Crush 1 cup chopped peaches in the bottom of a large saucepan. Add remaining peaches, and set pan over medium-low heat. Bring to a low boil, and cook for about 20 minutes or until peaches become liquid.
- Pour peaches into a bowl, and then measure 4 cups back into the pan. Add sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Gradually stir in dry pectin, and boil for 1 minute.
- In sep
- Remove from heat after 1 minute, and transfer to sterilized jars. Process in hot water bath canner for 10 minutes. Let cool, and place on shelf.
- When making preserves and jams, select slightly underipe, firm fruit
- The faster you cook the jam the brighter the color will be.
- To remove the skin – Bring water to a boil. Put peaches in the boiling water for just 1 minute or under. Take them out with a slotted spoon and place them in cold water. Peel and slice peaches.
Posted in Recipes and tagged Peach Preserves by Michael Goodell with no comments yet.