Ciabatta & Bacon Stuffing
Rustic By Nature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 12 ounces Bacon cut into 1/4-inch dice (can use low-sodium option)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (may use dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low-salt chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a large bowl; do not drain drippings from pan. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet, with bacon drippings, over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are tender. Gently stir in the parsley and remove from heat.
Transfer the onion mixture to the large bowl with the bacon. Add the bread and parmesan and toss to coat. Add broth to the stuffing mixture. Season the stuffing, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stuffing to the prepared dish. Cover with foil and bake until the stuffing is heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the top is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.
I finally finished our Cast Iron rack made from pallet wood. We like how it turned out.https://youtu.be/lP5S-CciK7M