How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
Use what you have in the pantry to make this spice blend.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Measure 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a small bowl or cup.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice or ground cloves.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Stir to blend.
- Makes 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Use this blend in pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, cakes, cookies and custard.
What You Need:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a small bowl or cup.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice or ground cloves.
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
Yield: 1 teaspoon.
For a larger batch:
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or ground allspice
Yield: 8-1/2 tablespoons.
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice may be used to prepare the following recipe : Spice Nuts. Or it may be used as a substitute for the spices called for in your favorite pumpkin pie recipe.
I finally finished our Cast Iron rack made from pallet wood. We like how it turned out.https://youtu.be/lP5S-CciK7M